Understanding impact of Implementing ERP system for Total Coal (2015)
Total Coal – Blueprint – Enterprise Architecture
Total Coal acquired Digiterra’s consulting services to undertake an Enterprise Architecture Blueprint exercise for various divisions within the organisation, including: Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Logistics and Marketing, Rehabilitation, Safety, Supply Chain, Technical Services, Projects and planning and Overall mining operations.
Total Coal needed to understand the full extent and impact of implementing a central Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Phase 1 was analysis of the “As Is” Operational aspects of the division’s value chain, inclusive of high level processes, applications in use and technology platforms
The delivered objectives included:
- A detailed model of each division’s processes aligned to the company’s strategy.
- Identification and model of the application components mapped against the high level processes
- Identification and documentation of infrastructure components mapped to the application component
- Gap Analysis report highlighting the gaps in the current enterprise architecture in relation to core enterprise processes and enterprise support services.
- A road map for addressing gaps
The completed Blueprint metamodel gave Total Coal an in-depth understanding of their operational processes and underlying application and infrastructure components to prepare for and mitigate the risks of implementing a central Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
In Phase 2, Digiterra provided Total Coal with a comprehensive RFI to enable them to select the best technology vendor and solution to meet their strategic and operations objectives. During this engagement, Digiterra prepared an evaluation pack (which included functional and non-functional requirements) and facilitated in the vendor selection process.
- CLIENT Total Coal
- YEAR 2015
- WE DID Enterprise Architecture, RFI development, Technology Evaluation pack, Vendor Selection
- CATEGORY Business Transformation