Meaningful Management Information for Standard Bank (2015)
The Business Challenge
One of South Africa’s largest financial services groups was frustrated by a lack of good management information from their IT Service Management function. There was a lack of structure, no consolidated approach or clear reporting framework.
There was also a lack of alignment of metrics to KPIs to objectives and goals, thus reflecting a deficit of Information rather than abundance of knowledge. They required the development of IT Service Management process metrics and reports in line with industry best practices and standards.
Develop a reporting model based on best practice ITSM process metrics, with a view to developing reports which would:
- Reflect the customer’s experience
- Measure the effectiveness
(capability and performance) of the processes
- Produce relevant trending information across the various processes
- Add significant value to owners and managers for decision making purposes
- Agree framework and model
- Interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Analyse, Extrapolate & Consolidate data
- Compare Information to Best practice models
- Produce Graphs in Dashboards
We presented graphs and charts in a dashboard for the client to easily see if they are meeting strategic and operational objectives. We provided a model and framework that client could plug and play into various tools.
Client data was linked to metrics, which were mapped to objectives to show performance against goals. The client’s data was converted into meaningful information for all relevant stakeholders to make better informed decisions faster.
- YEAR 2015
- CATEGORY Business Intelligence